- Phase 1 – Prelims examination is of objective type.
- Phase 2 – Mains exam is of written type.
- Phase 3 – Interview
PHASE 1 – PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
The preliminary examination shall be an objective type examination consisting of three papers of 100 Marks each.The syllabus for the preliminary examination shall as follows –
- CIVIL LAW I
- CIVIL LAW II
- CRIMINAL LAW
Each paper shall be of one hour duration and the examination of all three papers will be on same day. The syllabus for preliminary examination shall be the same as provided for Paper 1 – 3 of mains examination.
PHASE 2 – MAINS EXAMINATION
PAPER I – CIVIL LAW I (200 MARKS)
- Code of Civil Procedure
- Indian Evidence Act
- Indian Stamp Act
- Himachal Pradesh Courts Act, 1976
- Specific Relief Act
PAPER II – CIVIL LAW II (200 MARKS)
- Indian Contract Act
- Hindu Law
- Indian Limitation Act
- Transfer of Property Act
- H.P. Urban Rent Control Act.
PAPER III – CRIMINAL LAW (200 MARKS)
- Indian Penal Code
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Chapter — XVII (sections 138 to 143) of the Negotiable Instruments Act
- H.P. Excise Act-2011 as Applicable to the State of H.P.
- Wild Life Protection Act and
- Indian Forest Act.
PAPER IV – ENGLISH COMPOSITION (150 MARKS)
A Choice from three Essays on General Subjects.
- ESSAY: 100 Marks
- Translation of Hindi Passage into English: 50 Marks
PAPER V – LANGUAGE (100 MARKS)
Hindi (in Devnagri Script); no books prescribed. The paper of Hindi will comprise of the following:
- Translation of English passage into Hindi (30 marks)
- Essay in Hindi on any topic out of three (50 marks)
- Composition (idioms and corrections etc.) (20 marks)